MUTU International is a Registered Overseas Certifying Body (ROCB), an independent body accredited by the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry, and Fishery (MAFF) of Japan since 2006. MUTU International has an acknowledgement to carry out JAS certification service and issue the certificate under the Law of JAS.
Scope of certification
- Laminated Veneer Lumber (LVL)
- Glued Laminated Timber (GLT), other than Structural GLT
- Finger Jointed Structural Lumber Wood Framing Platform Construction (FJSL)
Operational area of MUTU International
MUTU International has wide operating area, covering all regions/countries around the worlds, except Japan.
Benefits of having JAS certificate
- Name of factory with JAS certificate will be registered in the MUTU International website as the accredited ROCB.
- To assist the client in promoting product to Japan market.
- To assist client to increase the competitiveness and value of product produced.
- To assist client in producing and maintaining high quality product through the continuous improvement system.
- The acceptance level of product by the user in Japan is higher than non JAS product.
- Product quality guarantee is according to the period of need.
- JAS product can be used as indicator that the product has passed the physical and chemical test requirements based on the prevailing standard carried out by the test laboratory accredited by ISO 17025.
Why choose MUTU International?
- Experienced in wood product sector, such as: Plywood, LVL, GLT, Flooring, and FJSL.
- Sample testing through regular inspection supported by the accredited independent laboratory under ISO 17025.
- Implementing the regular audit and inspection to ensure the consistence of JAS system implementation and product quality in manufacturer.
- Providing the client the newest information directly from MAFF, JAS standard in detail and newest information of Japan market.
Certification costs consist of :
- Certification Evaluation Fee
- Daily Allowance for FO & PQSI
- Product Quality Stability Inspection Fee
- Testing Fee
- Registration Fee
Audit costs consist of :
- Certification Maintenance Fee
- Audit Fee
- Site Audit
Stability Inspection costs consist of :
- Inspection Fee
- Testing Fee